Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

T REX!


My luck must be changing... the dig hasn't turned up any T Rex skulls nor even sacred chicken bones.  Thankfully things are proceeding as planned with few delays.


Monday dawned cool but bright, improving as the day progressed until we were very near crowding 20C !

Just about the time I arrived around 8:30 am, I was hustling back into town to deal with the culvert permit question.  I don't call it an issue because much of this was dealt with before I left Calgary.



Garth's boys were busy back-filling the foundation and tamping away aggressively.   Stephen's boys taking care of the close in trench work.  Speaking of which, the perc testing has been completed and we are indeed a "category 1" which means we have the best soil type for this sort of thing.  Keeps the costs down somewhat.



The trench reminded me what it may have been like on the Western front during WW1.  I was claustrophobic after mere seconds 8 feet down, looking at the red walls around me.  To those boys, it was safety but to me, just creepy.


I'll be leaving in a few days.  The next time I view the place, there will be a house standing where once only the deer and the antelope roamed previously, well... maybe the mice and skunks anyway.




There is still a heck of lot of work to be done, this really is only the very first stage.  Hopefully I get some pics and maybe a little video to keep me updated on the progress.  Nice as it would be to see the whole project materialize before my very (tired) eyeballs... I have lots to do at home before home changes.


Even the upcoming move / drive across the country, something I did once already at age 26, thirty one years before will prove to be an adventure.  It will be my 12th trip, but for the girls... their very first.

Let's hope that Anna doesn't try to do any of the actual driving... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment