Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Backward thinking is good for your soul!

WAS just having my breakfast on a Sunday morning, away from home once again.  Sitting at the table, Chopper (the dog) laying on my right foot, keeping it toasty... sunny day, decently warm...

I was thinking back to how this whole motorcycling thing began for me.  After all, I have been riding continuously for 44 years.






I'VE owned far too many bikes to count them all, but they began with a used 1966 Honda Super/Sport 90.  Very humble beginnings indeed.

Riding has certainly shaped my life, it's absolutely true to say that.

Even this past week running into Bruce Boutilier at Kent, who bought his first bike, a blue and white Seca 400 from us at Freedom.


YOU could say, that was his
S 90!

I had an email conversation with long time friend Clayton, who with his wife, bought several bikes from me during my years in Calgary.  I feel great having sold Annette her very first bike, and to hear they are still riding all these years later.










THERE are countless others that I have been privileged to meet through my riding adventures, many I keep in touch with even today.





TRULY, motorcycling has enriched not only my life, but that of countless others.




SO as I sit here looking out Hance's window at a bright sunny day, a little bumblebee DT 50 sitting waiting patiently on it's rack for the next ride... I can say without any hesitation, riding has made me the Dr. of N. Thusiasm.

As long as I am able to, I will bounce around on a dirt bike in Baja or Woodland Heights.  Carve corners on a Sports bike on some twisty mountain road, or take my sweetie as a pillion on my T-Bird on a quiet country lane in New Brunswick or the Cabot Trail.










AS Spock said it so often...

Live long and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment