Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

White Out/not ink.

FOR those of you that have asked about the missing picture in my last blog... its not missing!

That is a reasonable facsimile of a northern blizzard white out.  I admit I used some poetic license to illustrate my point, being thus.

If you drive in North Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, Anywhere on the CDN prairies or out here on occasions.  You will experience the dreaded white out. (no... its not a KKK convention) Lacking an artificial horizon in my Chevy, fighting to tell your brain, yes... you are still moving even if it feels like you are at a standstill, you just grip the wheel (tightness depends entirely on visibility)... hope you don't run into someone and no one rear ends you in the process.

One year, while creeping out rte 2 to my shop in Miscouche, I came across a small car with its nose totally buried in a drift about 6' high.  No shovel, no warm clothes, no winter emergency gear, having traveled from the mainland going to family up west* and entirely clueless.  Had I not happened along and been able with much effort to pull them free using my 4X4... they would have been stuck there till spring or until a snow plow operator bunted them off the road, dead.

Just for tech effect... I'm reprinting Saturday's "white out" pic.

This is what a white out looks like from the driver's/pilot's seat!


Happy New Year!

*up west here on PEI refers the the western part of the Island ie: Oleary, Alberton, Tignish.

No comments:

Post a Comment