Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 17, 2013

It was a wonderfully sunny day... my partner exclaimed loudly with gusto... "I LOVE IT"

"WHAT!!"

NOT certain if little Phoenix would agree, but it was a lovely sunny day.

Being a cat, he's pretty much content with stuffing his face with kibbles, the rare morsel of cooked ham* and sleeping most of the day.  There's no point in telling a cat that he/she is sleeping away most of their lives, they'd only answer you with "we've got nine, what's the Big deal?!"





It's been more than a week since B and I had traveled to the east end to pick up this used Polaris Indy Lite long track.  I'd originally thought it may be great for a budding young Anna to putter around the yard with.  Course I soon realized just about 20 minutes into grunting my guts out to get 'unstuck' from a snowdrift, that leaving her to her own devices was just asking for trouble.





From the day on which we purchased the
 s n o w m o b i l e (it still drives me nuts when I hear riders telling me they 'drive their bikes', those twits calling all machines 'ski doos or watercraft, 'jet skis') several warm days and rain had knocked down the 2 odd feet of snow to mere inches with bare patches on the potato fields in the hood.

This day though, during our hour long local exploration of the trails and woods, it was gorgeous out!




Yup, I agreed... it was beautiful.  Being a week day, we were the only ones puttering around out there for miles.  We had to skirt some dry stretches and I had a genuine concern for the slides, but long years of previous use has not fallen on my deaf ears.

Sleds ride like tanks.  Takes nearly 40 acres to turn around, you easily over balance and are always in the 'am I gonna tip over onto my head' mode, and on icy trails you wonder if you are actually going to make that turn or what.



Our yard looks much different under a blanket of  snow... you have to admit its durn pretty!

Not having a particularly hectic schedule we can enjoy the outdoors when it suits us rather than the other way round.  I suspect, if I can keep this machine in decent shape over the years, we'll find lots of use for it, even if its only to explore the surrounding hills.





Anyway... Brenda had her turn, actually many turns, with me clinging to her, ahem... hand holds that offered little in the way of actual grip, pleasant as they were.  Not wanting to fall off prematurely, I went back to the bar behind me, much of the time.

The more difficult parts I managed myself, after all, it was her first time piloting and I didn't want to wear her out.





Now that we've got this base covered... it will be motorcycle lessons in the springtime.  I have the perfect little training bike (DT 50) small light and legal, I still have pylons and even remember a thing or two about motorcycle training...

Peace!

*I buy cooked ham now just to treat Phx.

1 comment:

  1. How do I make a "sticking my tongue out and blowing rasberries" symbol on here?

    I sit upon a horse. It has a mind of it's own and though I may guide it, I am really along for the ride.
    My motorcycle has no mind to allow it to make decisions so I drive it where I want to go. Just as I drive my car, and drive my bicycle!

    ReplyDelete