Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Welcome to my World!









I dream.  A lot.  In fact I'd say, every night I have either a series of foreign shorts, blockbusters, musicals or spoofs. Sometimes it's action adventure, others... staid, simple boring stuff.  Sometimes I spend countless hours in deciphering what in the hell that was all about?  Other times I just wake up with a smile on my face.

Very often I have these nightmarish things that seems to run in an endless loop.  Like when I was a kid and someone would chase me every night. On the other hand, later as a young adult, someone (usually very attractive older women) would chase me every night!



I've dreamed that I could fly, pedaling my legs like on an invisible bicycle... strange creatures on the ground in in the air snapping their oversized toothy jaws at me, this in my early Nintendo days... but of course everyone has those dreams.

I had a recurring dream for years of being a motorcycle riding, aero engine mechanic on the Western front.  My job was to keep the Spads and SE 5's and Nieuports running.  Occasionally I'd take one up for a hop.  On one such occasion I ran into some Fokker's flown by real pilots, and was shot down in flames.  Scary stuff, being dead.

 

Once in awhile I have a dream that makes no sense even to me.  I mean it makes sense in so far as I realize what the dream was about, but the content leaves me scratching (my head).  Last night I had just such a dream.  Let me tell you a little about it, maybe it will make some sense to you.

Here's what I remember clearly.

*The protagonist was a guy we'll call Don.  Don lives just a few miles from a small regional city.  Beautiful place really, nestled in the Rockies, not too far inside the B.C. border.  About 3 hours drive from Calgary on the Trans Canada highway.  Don's job, as it has been for three decades, is to clear snow from provincial highways in the immediate area.  For anyone that has traveled this route in winter, avalanches and heavy snow fall are routine.  He's the guy that goes out there with some piece of heavy equipment and clears the road of whatever debris is blocking it making things drive-able for you and I. 

Given Don's location, he is required by his employer to have a grader or loader backed into his yard just in case he gets a 4 am phone call to "get rolling"  Now keep in mind, this is a dream I am having last night, its not reality, its dreamworld... but I digress.

Phone rings.  Don, is up in an instant. "Yeah, sure.  I'm on it."

He dresses, has a cup of joe, fills his thermos and lunch kit and fires up the yellow terror Caterpillar.  Blade dropped, he clears the 4 foot drift in front of the machine and heads out on the road.  Same as he's been doing since Roy Rogers was a youngin' (if you need to ask...)



Don finds himself the center of an official complaint one day.  Seems someone has brought it to the attention of his superiors (I use the word loosely) that he is using government equipment to clear his personal driveway.  He tries to explain his predicament, but to no avail.  He is supposed to call a private company to travel the 10 km to his place on a snow packed highway with 10 foot high drifts, so someone other than himself and his publicly funded snow machine, clears his 300' foot deep drive.  Don gets suspended for a month without pay.  Case closed. Of course, in order for the private guys to get there, said highway must be cleared.

See the dilemma poor Don finds hisself in?  
 

Now remember, this is coming out of my sub-conscious in the form of an ongoing feature length dream, its NOT true.

Well, our hero, ends up buying a Yamaha ATV mounting a whopping big snow blower on the front end so he can do the job himself.  Problem solved.  Or is it bigger than Don... 


 View P2110013.JPG in slide show

Anyway, in this dream, my thoughts are, how close is this to reality nowadays, when political correctness becomes the bottomless pit for bureaucratic idiocy.  Now this is a ficticious story, it in no way resembles a real person or situation, but could it?

I leave that to you.

Sleep well tonight!


*Any similarity to persons living or dead, is purely co-incidental.





No comments:

Post a Comment