Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Still winter...


Mike tells me we should expect 30 cm (12") of new snow this week.

I'd have preferred if he said, "hey did you hear... it will be +15C by the weekend..." 

Anna at the helm!


No such luck.  Quite Frankly, I am tired of this winter.  It's started early, been long, cold and tons of snow.

I've been out on the Polaris about 3 hours total, been too cold for me.  Once on my own, once with Anna, and again when Lisa was here for a quick visit. Hance even showed up the other day on a Ski Doo for a visit... from his place in Bedeque.  I didn't even know he could ride a sled! 

Lisa in our backyard.

As I was puttering in the garage yesterday, we're building an awesome bookcase for the living room,  I thought I heard a voice, very faint but distinct.  At first I put it down to some unusual vibration from wind, could have been a cat somewhere in the house, water running, I  didn't know, and besides it was so faint.  On my way into the house, I heard it again, this time just a wee bit clearer.  I stopped in my tracks, straining my ears cupping my hands over them like a gramophone.  Yup there it was again, and again. 

I could hear it better now and it was a voice.  I followed the sound back and forth until I was sure of it.  Twenty minutes had past and it was near time for me to get supper on the go, but I was certain of it now and put the meal out of my mind.




Hance and his Ski Doo
It was coming from one of my bikes, the Yamaha Serow 225.  Maybe the fuel tank venting a little but what I heard was;

"Ride me, come ride me.  Ride me now, I'm ready, c'mon, don't think, just do it."

I swear, it's true!

I knew it was sunny , the road was dry but it was about -12C, but hey... I was being called.

Quickly pulling on a winter jacket, some gloves and a helmet, I pushed her outside and after draining the fuel, she fired up within a few revolutions of the engine.  It was so cold, I had the enricher (choke) on for the entire ride out to Irishtown rd before the engine was warm enough.

I even did a few wheelies on the way back.

I always smile after riding, note smile is frozen on my face.




Did I mention, I'm getting real tired of this winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment