Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bookcase




My bookcase/Honda Passport stand, is coming along nicely.  When I designed this house, I wanted a wide open, south facing heat in-taking living room and because the ceiling is high and there is a large feature wall, from the beginning I had planned on a special place for my little yellow vintage C-70.

This one I bought with 109km on it.  It has 223 now.  I also have another (red) that I purchased over eBay in Phoenix long before I had a home there.  That one is in excellent shape and is a rider.



The MC stand, umm... I mean bookcase, is constructed from 2x12's and is 8 feet in height and 16 in length.  It weighs about 300 lbs plus bike and books.  It's bolted to the wall in several places, don't want the thing to come crashing down one night (Yikes)

There will be a floating ladder attached, to reach the loftier elevations.



 
 


Being the artist in the family, Brenda is responsible for painting the deep espresso that really pops it from the wall.

As you can see in one of the photos, she is using Willy's ladder (note cushion on top).  He isn't complaining... he's supervising.





We should have this last interior project completed in about 20 more hours.  Can't wait.


 



The little Honda, is the number one produced motor vehicle of all time, serving to meet the nicest people on... to moving the most people ever in history.








You'll see Honda step thru's in virtually every corner of the planet, from the Alps to the Andes, the Congo to the Cascades, the streets of Viet Nam to the blvds. of Vienna.  It even withstood a drop from a 3 story building (thanks to Charley Boorman) and came up flattened but running!



Being the boss is tiring!
later.... 










No comments:

Post a Comment