Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Slammed!



It was a dark and stormy night...
...and kicked in the nuts! 


I'm sure I'll be doing this again sometime in the next 12 hours.

Another major snowstorm began last night.  By midnight, you could hear the wind whistling and it sure wasn't Dixie!  Our yard lights were continually coming on, the snow was swirling in great eddies, and at times I thought the windows were going to give in on the North side of the house. 

I watched it throughout the night and there was no let-up.  Ice pellets smacked against the siding, they sounded like an MG 42.  Rat a tat tat!

Looking north up County Line Rd


It hadn't calmed down by early afternoon when I finally decided to go out and clear the driveway.  It's after 4 pm now and still snowing and blowing.

The snow plow made a pass around 8 am, just enough to get the compost truck thru on its rounds. It could use another now, but I don't suspect we'll see him again today.

South towards Irishtown 1.5km that away.


I can hear the howl from my den window right through the glass.

What do they say... 'not fit for man nor beast'.  I bet our little red fox is holed up tight in her den sitting this one out.

I will most certainly have to go out again tonight or tomorrow early.  School and pretty much everything else was cancelled today, who knows about tomorrow.

The front yard, the 2nd last window is my den and the last is Brenda's studio.


It's been one of those winters, started early with a bang and has pretty much continued. 

Best I can do now is curl up in the living room with a good book and sit it out...











 

No comments:

Post a Comment