Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Polar Vortex eh......

Call it what you want, it's been a lonnng, colllld winter up here.  Just reading, it's the coldest in 35 years on record, with only slivers of western Canada immune.

3-2-1 GO!
No s__t Sherlock.   

It took science to tell us something we already know.  Even hard core snowmibilers have confided to me that's it's been too bloody cold!

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring, and although it is melting gradually, we likely won't see the end of this snow for weeks!  Some of the build-ups in parking lots, maybe months!  I was commenting to Brenda the other day driving into "Metro" (Summerside pop 11,000) that Superstore's parking lot and Walmart next door, looked like a mini version of the Alps!

It's all downhill from here.


For our part, during our routine walk, I veered us off road and we traversed some fields and valleys for a little XC loop.  Tough sledding it was too, slick as ice in places and waist deep during our foray through the woods. I suspect our little 'pond' below the sand pit, will be quite the lake if this goes quickly.  It was so crusty in places, walking was difficult if not downright dangerous.

So slippery in fact that we got the plastic sleds out and careened down the hill from in front of our home.  We would have done it longer had the walk back not been so tough.

Except the long walk back...


Neighbors dog, Diesel did the whole loop with us or at least in the vicinity, appearing from the woods regularly to see if we were still okay.



The outdoor jog with us along on his turf as company, tripped something in his canine brain apparently... his behavior became, ahem... somewhat randy.



 It was difficult holding the camera steady, I was laughing so hard as he chased her all the way down the hill, jumping her at random intervals!

Diesel with amorous thoughts in his head.


Less so when I became the object of his amorous affection my turn sliding down the hill.  He jumped me in no uncertain terms while I was prone on the sled, and 'rode' me down the hill!

My heart rate was pumped!









That... I could have done without!



No comments:

Post a Comment