Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

WELL it's Boxing day (where did that come from?) the day after "THE BIG FEAST" for many, leftover
 turkey for the next three days...

 

This was our first Christmas in the new home, and given the fact that all three of us were sick with colds or flu's, it was downright low key.  No turkey this year, although I did one for Thanksgiving back in the fall.  Most of the girls closest to me are vegetarians, so not much omnivorous activity at our house. 




Me, I like my turkey or steak or grilled chicken salad or bacon and eggs (in moderation of course)  I'll be baking a ham this afternoon for our big dinner.  





Reminds me of the time my Mother and Father would come visit us in them old days.  She would bring ten pounds of bacon as a gift.  Do you know how long it takes to eat that?

Winter drives on snow packed highways, tight corners, occasional snow slides blocking the road for hours.

 


I remember fondly my second home in Penticton.  My room downstairs with the quirky bathroom my father had installed.  All just memories now...

The house at 186 Phoenix Avenue (ironic as it turned out) now housing some other family. My dad past away long ago in 1989, just as the BERLIN Wall was coming down, my mother having a stroke the week after my heart surgery, dying in 2008... my last ride with her before she was laid to rest in the family plot next to her husband and parents and brother. 

Every year I remember my life.  Every year I shake my head just a little more, what a ride its been... 




Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment