Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Saturday...

OH WHAT A DAY... 

Remember when you were a kid, Saturday's were for playing baseball or soccer, donning skates for a friendly game around the outdoor rink at 35 below, watching what else... Saturday morning cartoons of Bugs Bunny and the gang.

 

When I was a little older, I gave up hockey (couldn't afford the eyeglasses) and took up MotoX in the summer and ice racing during the winter.

 

Older yet, a day for doing a loop around the Kananaski's highway or the Smith Dorrien trail.



Older yet, cutting the grass, shoveling snow, oil changes on the bike or car, the occasional BBQ.

Driving to Penticton to visit, or over to Moncton for a little 'shopping.'



Yup, Saturday's are a great day.  Still businesslike but laid back. 

Unlike Sunday, which to us was typically 'family day' on Saturday's you could do all those things you missed during the week while slaving away at some j o b!



I would visit with friends or hop on a bike and ride to family in another city or province. 

If it were up to me, there would be fewer Mondays and Fridays, and more Saturdays!

Today, there is some fresh snow coming down in big flakes.  I'm going out shortly to push off the driveway before it piles up too much.

No skating for me but I was scouring the ads for a small snowmobile or ATV.  Something the girls could use around the yard or hood, and perhaps I can double up with a little light duty work, hauling some sand from the pit down below, maybe clearing brush, perhaps even installing a snow blade like in the old days. 




I've worked on my own for most of my life.  At those times I worked for someone else and didn't have Saturday's off, I hated it.

So... what are you doing on your Saturday?  Are you working for 'the man' or spending the day catching up at your office, or doing some overtime at the plant?

Maybe you're on the road for a little Christmas shopping, maybe you're on the road to Baja or Arizona for the winter.

Maybe like me, your just contemplating what to do...

With that said, I'm on my way out there to push some snow and frost my cheeks.











No comments:

Post a Comment