Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Update on the home front...

YES, yes... I haven't been sending out as many emails or doing as many updates.  I tried to get the National news to do a follow up story but they somehow felt less than enthused.

Here we go...

No, I haven't been doing any riding.  Well that's not entirely true.  I have ridden my DT 50 (two cycle kick start, don't need a battery engine) around the immediate area.

I have ridden my XT 600 up and down County Line road several times, leaving long strips of knobby on the gravel when I've been frustrated by events... and yes, I have been into town on the Velo with Brenda as pillion on a blustery day not long ago.

The weather though definitely fallish, has been reasonable. Most days manages to get into the plus side of the chart, in fact it's 4 as I write this.

For the most part, bikes are being stored all around the Island.  Mine however, didn't get that far.

With the thousands of details to deal with as you will see, my riding time has been limited all season.
Bikes here have to be inspected for the street, and my license to do that expired about 1991 or so.  Only the scooter is 'legal' and it has seen some action.

What I have been doing is putting up storm doors, civic numbers, and most recently, our country mailbox!  Now mail can actually be delivered to the house.

Inside, the cupboards are nearly complete (yay!)  and Rob tells me that as a Christmas present, the job will be finished, by Christmas (yay!!)  It would be very nice to feel the house has become a home.

There is still the issues of having only half our ensuite bathroom completed, much of our gear and clothing still in boxes, shelving, workbenches and tools to be dealt with before winter sets in, and space made in the garage for the cars.

I sit up late nights catching up on emails, downloading photos and organizing Calgary paperwork that can be stored for a year or so before being tossed!

Still love getting up in the morning to roosters crowing, well at least on occasion, seeing Diesel on the landing wagging his tail, looking for some company, and the nights typically are full of stars.

Sometime in the new year, we can say... "we're in, we're here, we're settled."


No comments:

Post a Comment