Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 10, 2012

Old Man winter!

YESTERDAY was a bright sunny, relatively warm day.  The three of us walked all the way to Rte 104, known locally as the Irishtown Road, Anna of course walked on the opposite side of us.  Can't be seen to associate with the parents... uh uh!
 
Once at the corner, she headed to her friend Anwyn's place about 1.5 km south, while Bren and I turned in the other direction to my old friend from Freedom Cycle days, Nevin Murray.

We spent a couple of hours visiting with Nev and Donna, before we arranged for Anna to meet us back at the intersection.  Course, that didn't happen!

Mom and I ended up walking all the way to Anwyn's place and then all the way home.  I would say at least 7-8 km in total.  While on the narrow road, Mike Smith happened by and asked if we needed a lift, but being game, we politely declined.

Today, as you can see, we had a mini blizzard!  About 4 inches of the heavy wet stuff came down and it was an opportunity to try out the new blower I'd brought with me from Calgary.  Not bad, but clearing that massive driveway will be a challenge if we get a foot or more!



Brenda and I had stopped for a chat with Ms. Mo, next door, only to get a call from Queen Elizabeth elementary school in Kensington.  Mrs. Murphy informed us that school would be let out two hours early "on account of the blizzard"

Sure enough the kid was home early.  It was decided (of course I have little input in these matters) to drive over to buddy's place and pick her up for a little snow action over here.  It was coming down pretty good by this time and seeing as the Blz was in 4W/HI, we went off roading, riding around my grass track, the girls alternately giggling (as young girls are wont to do) and shrieking when they couldn't see over the hood going down or up the steeper sections.

FUN stuff!


Anyway, it's dark, the shovels are put away and the blower is back in the lair.  Tomorrow is supposed to be 8 ish, so much of this will melt, but it is a taste of winter for certain.  

I still have the garage to sort, build shelves and put up racks, and of course... my work bench.  If I can do that in the next couple of weeks, at least two cars can lodge inside during the winter.










No comments:

Post a Comment