Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Who do you think you're pooling anyway?

Anna and I had tried the pool back in December.

Although we didn't have to hack our way through a layer of ice, it was most definately coolish.  I put on a brave face and still felt like a popsickle!  Parts of me were ahem... less than pleased!

Fast forward...

The weather improved dramatically from a colder than normal winter, to daytime highs well into the 80's these last several months.

I had looked forward to doing some swimming, in the aquatic sense on this trip down to Aridzona, I was pretty much convinced that the temperature of said pool would be wholely acceptable.

My complex has two pools at either end, the L shaped one outside my door is the larger of the two.  With a depth of 8 1/2' I can utilize my equalizing skills practicing snorkelling, something perhaps more Manitobans might think of.

In any case although I was the only participant on Friday, it was actually quite busy over the weekend.

Several times there were kids of various descriptions and ages as well as familes using the facilities. 

There is something perfect about splashing about on a hot day in sun heated water, that somehow connects me with my amphibious ancestors.

I decided to have a wander over to my favorite store, Lowes, over on Northern and 59th, yup... just down the street... for a look see at what they offered this season, in water fountains.  I had looked in the winter but the selection was sparse.
Lowe's is like Canadian Tire, or Rona, but with actual service
Using my Adventure 150 as pack mule, I strapped the package to my pillion in lieu of a sweetie, and carrying that plus a bag of birdseed in the trunk and a 4' length of 1X6 for a ramp to ease entry into my backyard, we set off home.


The operation was a success and I now have the tinkling of a tiny waterfall in my yard. 

Course I have to pee more often, but such is the price of peace and tranquility.

Tomorrow I am riding the XT over to Bob's Used Motorcycle parts emporium, south of I 10 and just west of the Airport. 

Dave tells me it's a must see store, and I must see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment