Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Heat?!@... what heat?

 Yupper... the forecast is for 100 degree days this week.  A Hundred friggin degrees warm.

That's almost like being a chocolate chip cookie baking in the oven.

Or like stoking the boiler on a steam locomotive.

Maybe somewhat akin to frying an egg on asphalt.
No matter how you describe it, it's pretty dang warm.

Say the words..."a hundred degrees."

Wow!

I try to do my outside stuff before 10am, and then in the evening before it gets dark, which btw, happens pretty quick in these here parts.
Typically by 7 30pm, it's pretty much done. 

So, this week in Phoenix, I've been rather busy. 

Yeah yeah... I'm supposed to be retired, but in reality. it's only from the Financial biz.

The other day, I scooted over to Surprise, to have a look see at Nadia's cars.  Might swing a deal on one of those babies, we shall see.


 It was positively odd being at Sunflower this time of year.  Most of the regulars, including Nadia, are gone to cooler climatesby now.


I've met folks wintering here from Michigan, Minnesota, New York State and of course from various parts of western Canada.


The park attendant was having a snooze when we (the Adventure) and I glided up to the gate.


I felt bad waking him but obviously, security is a little lax this time of year.
The following day, Monday... I droned down the freeway on the XT, and believe me, that's the right term.  The ultralow gearing left the bike breathless at 51mph and my hands feelings like baseball bats!

Found Bob's used MC Emporium, but wouldn't you know it, Murphy must have a place in PHx too!

Even though the website told me they were open... they weren't.  Natch... wish I could say it was a pleasant ride but really it was a totally vibrating experience.


I did however see some actual water as in H2O in the dry riverbed, rushed to a parking spot and took a picture as quick as I could manage.  In the heat, that thin film could be gone in seconds!

Everywhere I stop I look for shade to park my wheels.  Thankfully there was a water fountain on the pathway.  Course, there was no water actually available...

Tomorrow I will ride my newly regeared 350 to Bob's for round two... hopefully I'll find some soft luggage that will fit the bike, a couple of mirrors and some odds and ends.

In any case, I love poking around these places and Bob's apparently is the best.

More later, if I don't melt in the meanwhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment