Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mother Nature

 
 
<><><><
<><><><>
I'd reached the "point of no return"  Honest, it was painted on a rock!
 


Ever wonder if Mother Nature has a sense of humor?






Last sign here said... "Cattle rustlers will be shot"

If God looks at us mere mortals and shakes his head...




Do my Mom and Dad look down on me and think,

"Where in the hell did this come from...? 

Did we boob somewhere...?"




Still a long way from civilization... but getter closer!

If your kids think you're nuts?















Thank goodness, an easier part.

I often wonder myself, 'what was I thinking?'


I had been stopping about every twenty minutes to replenish H2O, have a short rest break, keep my mind focused on the task at hand.


Not much room for error here.
I deliberately left my Canon at home, was using my very trusty Olympus waterproof digital. 

This particular camera had taken over 10,000 photos alone while biking Europe.


Hmmmm...

Normal stuff.
Another rest break in the shade before tackling another rocky climb.
It was compact, and if it rained (not too bloody likely today) or I wanted to take some pics in the pool, it was capable of doing it all.


I'm going to leave the dialogue short this time around, let the photos do the talking for me... you'll get a pretty good sense of the terrain I had taken on, and why I was glad to have a tractor of a motor.  Don't be fooled... it was a lot tougher than it looks.

Remember... you can't stop to photograph the "Oh S__t" parts...




Looking south back on the Crown King Road.


I was just there.

Surprisingly a lot more water than I expected.
The end is near...

No comments:

Post a Comment