Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 28, 2013

My pot flowith over...


I was half way through making myself a pot of coffee this bright sunny, US Thanksgiving morning... when I realized the decanter was sitting on the dish rack.

DOH!









Yup, wanna see a 58 year old man move fast, coffee pouring out of the maker all over the counter and onto the kitchen floor like a Hawaiian lava stream.

Took 20 minutes to clean that mess up and still no cup of joe this morning.  

I had Mike from Census Landscaping and his team over yesterday to trim my large acacia tree and smaller orange tree in my back yard.  Went from looking like Frank pre haircut and post!

Hey, we both clean up nicely.  Boo boo doesn't seem too interested in going outside to play, seems quite content to follow me around the house.  I'm invited over to her Mom's place next door for Thanksgiving dinner, looking forward to that.  Jude has been such a great neighbor, keeping an eye on things for me, taking the pizza/car detailing/weekly specials/coupon flyers from my door step... I figured the least I could do is accept her invite and chow down baby!

Both my own girls are vegetarians, my sweetie and wife Brenda is a Veggie, her daughter Anna you don't know one day to the next, so my days of doin' the big turkey dinner with all the fixin's are most likely gone forever.  I bet the union of independent turkey's is happy to hear that.



While having my shower, Boo succeeded in biting off a little more than she can chew, half the toilet paper roll was once again on the floor.  I don't know what it is with this little pussy cat, but she sure does like biting/chewing paper.  Not fussy about it either.  My latest motorcycle magazine, my recently printed itinerary, money... whatever she finds within reach that's composed of a paperproduct, is fair game.  I wonder if she was a paper shredder in another life and still feels the need to rip and tear.

Next trip will be early in the week, after a day long trek in the desert, I need a week of R&R to recuperate.  Both Tom and Ronnie keep telling me "You're not as young as you used to be dumass..."  

Like a guy needs to be reminded.   

Anyway, my coffee awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment