Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The merits of working...

SEEMS somehow I had more spare time when I worked for a living... what's up with that?!

Anyway, the scooter trip from Glendale to AJ is now in the books.  Because of my cruising speed limitation with the Adventure 150, I mapped out a cross town route that ultimately carried me through Glendale, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa and finally Apache Junction! 

Boo boo helping me map out the route... I think.


Whew...

Two hours on the nose to arrive at Dianne's place, a two hour visit and three hours back!  Of course on the return leg I was fooled by one of those diverging blvds and got lost.  Eventually with some help from a City official, I found my way out of the maze and back to Glendale.  Didn't help the return trip being rush hour traffic and of course, AZ although next door to CA, does not adhere to the "let's keep traffic moving and allow those scooter/bike types to lane split" nope.

Seeing me off for the day.


The 120 mile round trip seemed like a walk in the park.  The scooter. is quick enough to accelerate that I don't get passed until I reach about 45mph.  My fuel mileage was right around 75/USG translating to over 85MPCdn/g.
Old West HW in AJ... somehow appropriate don't you think.

Funny sign along the way at a trailer business...

"We speak Canadian here, eh"




No comments:

Post a Comment