Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sigh...

WHAT a pleasant evening, this November 17th.  My thermometer on the back deck reads, 21C.  There's a full moon rising, not a cloud in the sky, and I've just come back from a little wander in the park.

This is the best time of year to be here in Glendale, Arizona.  Nice days, nice nights.



Tomorrow I am headed across the city, 60 miles to visit with my friend, Dianne.  It will be an adventure because I am riding my Adventure!  One hundred and fifty cubic centimeters, maximum speed right round 60 mph, which means I am staying off the freeways and traveling X town.  Yup, I'll be putting on 120 plus miles tomorrow riding surface streets.  Glendale to Apache Junction and return.



The following day, I'm heading up North, cross country, on little used back roads... to try and find my way through the Bradshaw Mountains to Prescott.  I may end up staying overnight en-route.  The journey should be about 250-300 miles and much of it will be unpaved, unmarked mountain roads and trails. 

The XT is gone over twice, a few minor tweaks and only needs to be packed and gassed before I leave the city.  I will leave the fueling to the very outskirts, as I will need to travel over a hundred miles where I won't likely see a gas pump.  Much of this trip will be on roads I have never seen, and of course, we'll be climbing into the hills. 

Stay tuned...



No comments:

Post a Comment