Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 5, 2013

Holy Cow!

SUMMER... has arrived with a vengeance.  Weeks we've been waiting for some heat, enough to keep the shivers at bay, especially for an early morning or evening ride.  Well yesterday, the fourth of July, summer showed up finally.  Never mind the official, airport weather report, always misleading, it was in the low 30's and humid to boot.



Hance and I drove my Blazer to Charlottetown to pick up a steel entrance door and h/w for our furnace room in the Summerside apartment.  While there, we popped in to the local U-pick auto parts to try and match a seat belt buckle to the missing Krauser item.  NO luck there unfortunately.  To make up some time, we stopped into Shane Bolger's shop on the outskirts of town and right away I found a bike I want.  Mid nineties 900 Duc SuperSport, fire engine red, Staintune pipes and lovely shape.  Hance (my conscience) kept me from walking out with yet another bike in hand,  He thinks I am truly nuts.  After all I have bought several bikes since moving here and have had little time to actually ride anything.  And some think Obsession is a perfume...

Today, I had to run into metro Summerside to show a unit, and decided to ride my TBird.  It's 37C out there, and even gulping air, it's hot.  

Tonight we are going for a ride, take in some summer while we have it...






No comments:

Post a Comment