Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Yup... it's 2012


Be prepared!
EVERY New Years Day... I take the time to reflect back on year's past. 

Nothing new about that, I'm pretty sure we all do.

For many years now, I have kept an annual "goal file or wish list"

I'm sitting here now looking at last year's.



Love hard and often!
NOTHING unusual or odd, no lofty items like climbing Everest or scuba diving in Antarctica.  I don't dream about curing cancer or even the common cold (although that would be a feat wouldn't it!)

Nope, what I think about are things pretty simple.

Take it like a 'Man'
WHAT types of things you may ask...

I set goals like having an article or two published, during the year, to read more often, to write a little every day if at all possible.  Hence the Blog.

I dream small, like keeping my weight under 150 (failed), or cleaning up my yard.

Embrace your sadness.
SOME of the things I set for myself are designed to boost my confidence, like the Crown King ride I did last May, which is featured in Canadian Biker this month.  I often push the envelope, why... because I can, and it's the invaluable experience that you can depend on when faced with a major obstacle or decision...

Travel the road less travelled!
SHOULD I leave my job, should I quit this relationship, how will I react if I get a flat tire out in the boonies, will I panic (my motto; Never Panic!) if someone cuts me off in traffic?

I have found over the years that setting goals for oneself is not only very healthy, but absolutely imperative for keeping yourself on an even keel and moving ahead in life.


Make sure you wear protection!
THIS is something I can't stress enough to my girls, my friends and my family.

Hell if a total stranger were to ask, I would preach it like the Gospel to him/her as well.

By setting yourself up for achieving even minor goals or fulfilling small wishes, you create for yourself a positive field of energy that you can rely on when the chips fall.


Cherish your friends and family even if they don't.
 And believe me... they will fall.

One of my oft quoted Dr, NThusiasm's is this;

"Life's a Beach, build your sand castles while the tide is out, because it will come in again."

Someone in your life will die or leave you, maybe even a beloved pet, a parent or a lover.  Your normally reliable car will break down in some frightening hood of Detroit while you are diligently following your GPS.  How will you react to that, will you be prepared, will you keep a cool head?

Keep your shack tidy.
THAT'S why every year at this time I am going over my filing folder and looking back on how I've done over the year (s).

That's why later today, I will be adding to my new list for 2012.  Life is not about being safe and living in a bubble.

Nope... life is about living it.

Get out an old filing folder, scrap the crap that's in there and begin writing what YOU want to accomplish this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment