Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sometimes... life sucks!

I was told the other day, I was looking run down.  The actual words were, "you look like s__t!"  Boy that's what you want to hear in the A.M.  before your day really even gets underway.

After a short conversation, that I kinda detested, I made an excuse and hit the road.  I mean, first of all, the conversation was depressing me, and the last thing I need with all this stress that goes along with moving and shaking, is that!

Ever notice that many (and I do mean many) people you come in contact with in a typical 24 hour period, are just plain downers?  After all, what would you rather hear at 8:49 in the morning...

"you look like s__t!" or "man, you are some boyishly handsome dude."

You hear someone telling you that their wife/girlfriend is cheating on them, or they hate their job, maybe it's the bleakness of winter, or the heat of summer.  Perhaps you didn't get that new tool for your garage or solid gold necklace for your anniversary that you were wishing for, and contrary to what that piece of slick marketing crap, The Secret, tells you... things don't just drop into your lap by saying it aloud three times.

Sometimes... life just plain sucks.

That doesn't mean it's bad or you should take a short step off a tall bridge.  What it means is, you often need to re-evaluate who you hang around with, whether your circle of friends is as cold as the arctic, or if that piece of junk you're driving really is worth the hassle.  Sometimes in fact, you have to make the hard decision and bail.  Maybe not forever, but certainly at that moment.  After all, could very well be that my companion was having a lousy day, who knows.

The best military tacticians throughout history (forget Custer, the light brigade or insane Banzai charges with bayonets fixed and machine guns spewing lead over and thru your head...) have all suffered setbacks and even retreat.  Sometimes you just have to withdraw and live to fight another day.  No use being a dead hero is there?

So after my depressing conversation of a few days ago, I have done some re-evaluating.  I mean, back in 2002, I got hit from behind by a Mazda driven by a young man that made a very poor decision, that to this day haunts me.  My shoulder is beat up, I have a bunch of vertebrae that are constantly ailing.  What do I do about it?

I had not one, but two heart attacks when I was 49-50, the second of which nearly killed me.  Yupper, I've had to re-evaluate several times in my life.

Anyway during this conversation... I am thinking to myself.  Why am I here?

This person has been depressing to be around and in fact, is the architect of their own demise, and still, after all these years, continually brings it upon them self.  By making poor choices, Karma will come back and bite your little tush!

That my friends is the law of the jungle.  I have listened to the moaning and complaining and after the other day, I thought...



... maybe it's time to re-evaluate.







No comments:

Post a Comment