Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Birthdays...


Sometimes at this time of year, I have a Birthday.  I've pretty much decided this morning that I will do that today.  Not a big thing really, in fact I wonder why we even bother.  If it wasn't for my Dad's being on the same day... well I likely wouldn't even think of it at all.

Ever year I look back then forward.

Back I see the great things in my life, and the not so.  I'm really quite amazed by it all.  I do mean that with total sincerity.  Although not one to really compare, I'd say that I have come off pretty well thank you.

There isn't enough room in an entire Blog to highlight the Highs nor the lows completely so I won't bother.  I'll just say I am pretty happy not to have pulled that trigger when I was 35.  Pretty happy to have lived through that encounter with a speeding Mazda, and same goes for the chest clenching, can't breathe, have your chest sawed open, laying on a stainless slab at Foothills while people you've never met, go about saving your life.  Pretty happy indeed!

So what's ahead in the coming year(s)...

Well I'll be leaving my Calgary home in 2012.  I have now lived here longer than anywhere else in my life.  It's been great for the most part, like providing a solid safe, learning environment for both my girls, but like many of us that are aging... the hustle and bustle, the growing selfishness and the general lack of consideration, is wearing on me.  This year I will finally get that which I have sought for 35 years, nearly as long as it took me to get to Europe to ride my bike.

With the PEI property deal closing just prior to Christmas, the work on finalizing home details proceeding rapidly, the scarcity of a typical Calgary winter... the relocation is coming quickly.  I remember talking with friends about "In a few years..."  Then, "next year..." followed now by, "this summer..."

Yup, it's about to happen.

In a scant few months, this boy and his new family, will be sitting in the Ford, Cargomate in tow and heading to a new life on Canada's smallest province.  What awaits is an eco friendly home, a little dirt bike track of my own, a beautiful small wooded valley and a ride on tractor.

A chance to sit down at my desk, valley view inspiring me, and finally, after all this time... writing my novels.  There's; Catfish Man, Charlie Weyburns Diary, Smyeyatʹsya Poslednim ...The Last laugh, Danielle, How to Invest in Yourself and Your Relationships (from a former financial advisor) and more.  Much more.  I want to work more on my travel stories both short and long, and turn the Many MisAdventures of Dr. N. Thusiast, into a book or three.

Then of course if I get really bored... there's always my UMVES  :)

ON my birthday I wish to say to you all, don't let your dreams disappear, if you don't have any yet, go get some, and above all... "Live Long and Prosper"

No comments:

Post a Comment