Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 18, 2011

Flyin' Ryan


      YOU guys may remember me doing a blog on flying an ultralight in Phoenix a couple of years ago (almost).



     AFTER my journey to Humbug creek, I inexplicably pulled off the Carefree highway on my return towards town.  Problem with the steering, flat tire, off camber road surface...


 
         NO...  just felt like riding into the Lake Pleasant aerodrome and see if Jim Blumer was at the hanger.  He wasn't there, but right next door I met Flyin' Ryan .
 
     Ryan was training a group of middle aged men, ironically from the St. Albert area, in the art of Powerparagliding.  Something that I have been interested in for quite sometime.  Similar to flying an ultralight, but more compact (you can wear the 200cc 2 stroke single on your back) yet different.
 
 
     I'm going to give this a whirl on my next trip down here...
 
                                             stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment