Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 7, 2011

COOL!


WHAT I mean by that is... it's cool.  A major storm front moved in from Japan last week, shortly after my arrival.  Although the daytime temperatures were in the high 80's and the evenings the mid 60's, it's certainly chilled since.


MANY have no realization that a desert climate can be extremely cold.  It isn't unusual to sweat during the daytime and freeze at night, especially at higher elevations.  Down here in the valley, the changes are not quite so pronounced but I can tell you from experience, it can get significantly chilly at times.


THE storm showed Northern Baja all the way to Alaska, in an arc making steady progress across the Pacific.  This front brought snow and cold temps to Calgary, huge snowfalls to CO and rain to Phx.

A fierce wind blew dust over everything last Friday night before the rains hit.  Since then the daily highs are only in the 60's and the lows in some places around Phx down into the 30's.


NOT exactly 'biking' weather, believe it or not.  Temperatures are well below seasonal and may delay my Superstitions Mountain rides.



I'VE hung out around the condo, with short trips on the scooter here and there including one over to Scotsdale to view a couple of 90cc Polaris quads for potential purchase.  Trying to get the rulings interpreted to bring them back to Canada. So far my dealings with Brett and  Kameko at RideNow Powersports have been very professional and satisfying.  I know, I know... I don't usually endorse business' but when you find a good one, why not?  Lord knows there are plenty of crappy dealerships out there.

THE birds appreciate my return, they can empty the feeder in 20 minutes as many times a day as I wish to fill it and it's good to see my large Acacia tree is still home to little felines, I've seen at least three different one's using Little Phoenix's perch.



No comments:

Post a Comment