Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Serow

     IN 1992, I brought in 4 then new Yamaha XT 225 Serows to Four Seasons RV in Fort Mac.

     Somehow I had been conned into operating the National Motorcycle Training Program that I had started way back in 1978. 
      Amongst other motorcycles, the 223cc four stroke, electric start, mono-X suspension dualie, proved to be a big hit with the students.

     IT quickly became the favorite Instructor demo bike, and well before my stint on the program ended 3 years later, I had 'confiscated' two of the bikes for myself.
      THE one you see pictured here, has been to Baja twice, all over AB and B.C. and is soon going to a new home with my youngest neice, CJ.  I'm certain she will give it a good home and if she enjoys the bike half as much as I have, she'll own it for years.  Besides... it's famous having appeared/graced several articles in Canadian Biker magazine.
     Yamaha's own literature in those days, claimed it was named after a Tibetan Mountain Goat?

     IT does say 'Mountain Trail' on the sidecovers... so there must be some truth to the claim.  All I can say is thus; the little bike has carried me over some incredible scenery and terrain.
      Last weekend, Brenda and I visited the Calgary Zoo. It was a wonderful Fall day, leaves turning crimson and amber, about 10C (50F) and little Zoo traffic. (more on this later)
     LO and behold... what do I find while wandering the grounds... a very close cousin to the Himalayin goat, a Japanese Serow.

     FITTING isn't it!

No comments:

Post a Comment