Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Old Motorcycle Shop

      IF you're anything like me, you like and cherish old things. 

     Since my boyhood, I have loved old planes, cars, lawn mowers and bikes.

     I've even had several older girlfriends!

    

     While visiting with Todd, I notice this conglomeration of various bikes parked on the street and sidewalk, a couple of bays over.

     He takes me over and I find a truly old fashioned shop.  By that I mean, you can walk thru the open door, across the showroom and directly into the service desk/bay.

      Several technicians (we used to call them 'mechanics') are at work on a variety of motorcycles.

     There's a hardtail Triumph chopper, A late model Ducati, a Suzuki DR-Z.




    
 On the workshop floor, there are old Can-Am's, a collection of V four Honda's, even an RV 125 Suzuki.  (if you have to ask....)







     The showroom, tiny as it is, in fact the boys could use more room everywhere, displays a line up of Aermacchi (Italian Harleys) Sprints, several Triumphs, a mint 79 CBX, two varieties of X-6 Hustlers, even a competely restored TNT.


      Normally I don't endorse a business, but I truly admire people that a)  love bikes of all types, b)  especially old bikes and c)  are NOT bound by stupid, stereotypical brand favoritism.

     Regardless of what you ride, new or old... give the boys a visit and why not give them a try.


    
Old Motorcycle Shop
Mike and Phil  (owners)
4240-16 Street SE Calgary AB T2G 3S3
403-261-0034


Just remember to tell them...



The Dr sent you!



No comments:

Post a Comment