Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 21, 2011

HOLY COW Batman!@#?


Where in the hell does the time go?

In just a few days I will be packing the Blazer for my trip south to the Arizona desert.  Hard to believe that it's nearly a yr since the Chevy and I made the trek.  Remember when you were a kid... couldn't wait to get older...


Now it seems the clock is accelerating at warp factor five!
Not sure what the duration of this excursion will be but I do have some tentative plans once there.  Believe it or not, I do have some yard work to do.  (yard is about 10X14)

I'd also like to see what's out there for condo's with garages, something I dearly wished  for when I was buying this one.  Of course I am also prowling around for bikes, a habit of mine :)


Will make another excursion to Bob's, a couple of friends have used parts wish lists entrusted to me.

Shouldn't run into any probs with the equipment this trip.  The XT is stored and the Adventure battery is on a tender.  I should be able to get them up and running in short order.  One of the reasons I looked for an XT 350 specifically, was the kick starter.  It has a tiny 3 amp battery, and will start even if it's DOA.


I have trips planned into the Superstitions this time around.  My buddy Dave and his friend motored around there last February.  I heard some great stories of some fab back roads. 

Not enough time for an extended Baja ride... it's about 3000km round trip to my fave beach in the World south of Mulege on Bahia Conception. That will have to wait until another year.  Really have to give it at least 2 weeks to justify the time.


Not to worry, I will have plenty of stuff to occupy my spare time and will have pics and stories of my travels to entertain ya'll with. 

Hopefully I don't get socked in with bad weather on my return leg.  Crossing the divide several times can be downright treacherous.


Looking forward to some RnR with the desert... and a couple of cold Rolling Rocks to wash down the dust after a ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment