Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 6, 2011

It doesn't get much better than this?

Just a might dusty today...

Everytime a truck went by today, it was followed by a hanging, choking cloud of Rockie Mountain dust.  NO idea where there were hauling to, but let me tell you, those truckers rip along at speeds you couldn't imagine. 

It's everyman for himself, just don't get in their way, they take up the entire road surface.

Health food...

I stopped many times for photo ops and trailside snacks.  Okay, my choice of food may not be the healthiest at times, (Old Dutch kettle crunch) but hey... after all, I was living on the edge.

Gorgeous!  Just gorgeous...

EVEN though I have ridden this particular route a hundred times, in winter while it's under a blanket of snow 20' deep, or during rainstorms that suddenly popped up out of nowhere, well okay, the Rockies) or even sometimes on days just like today... it never gets old.

So, that's why it's so dang dusty!

Before I head off to the East coast to live out my years in blissfull retirement, I will do several of my Magical History Tour rides one last time.  Who knows when I will be back in these parts if ever.

Memorial...

In August of 1941, during the dark early days of WW2, 10km back in those mountains, an RCAF training Anson twin engine aircraft, had mechanical trouble and crashed in those mountains.  Two died while the third crewman, survived the crash and was rescued.

U. B. U.*

Free range cattle range freely over the range... just feeling free... to roam, and range... at home... on the range, while freely roaming, and ranging...


Honestly now... is this Great or what?

You don't have to be a dual purpose motorcyclist to appreciate this particular scene, do you.  One of the nice things about the PFT, is that you don't have to have a bike like mine.  I see Jeeps, trucks and sometimes (on dry days) passenger cars taking in the scenery.


I get to cross this creek about a dozen times... sometimes without the bridge.

Today I passed several fishermen trying their luck.  Jumping Pound creek criss-crosses the Trail at intervals, making the water inviting for a splash on the face or down the neck on a hot day, like today.


Memorial to the fallen.***

Yup... just another reason that I ride my bikes...  I have been very fortunate to have survived forty three years riding motorcycles.  There is really nothing like it.**




* Union of Bovine Udderhood

** Not even S E X! 

*** Fitting that I write this on the 66th anniversary of the Hiroshima Atomic bombing.



No comments:

Post a Comment