Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Attitude is everything!

Dalhousie Canadian Tire, my second home.

I decided, seeing as it's such a nice day, to do my errands by scooter.  You see... attitude is everything, size means nothing.


Local tennis courts where I never play.


Went across to Varsity from Silver Springs via a 100' stretch of bike path, avoiding even that short stretch of Crowchild Trail.  The little SD50 Sense will top out at around 60kph indicated.  Given it's ahem, snail like acceleration, I'd rather not tempt fate on CT.


C-Train that I rarely use.


A short visit to Canadian Tire, where service is #8.  I didn't find either item I was looking for today although I am there plenty often.

Husky station.  They don't make a lot of money off the little SD 50 Sense.

A stop at the TD for a quick cash transaction.

My fave DQ.

Followed by a ramble around Varsity recently picked as Calgary's top neighbourhood.  Must have been some golfer's on the panel as the aptly named, Silver Springs golf course runs thru Varsity.

Fave Safeway with Starbucks.

I often ride the bike appropriate to the route, or is that the other way round.  Maybe I pick the route and then the appropriate bike.  Regardless, you can have some freedom and fun doing whatever.

Fave $ store (and more) these guys make way more money from me than the Husky!

I scoff at those that must have a Cadillac SUV to do their errands, I'd rather be bikin'


Fave Chapter's (and Starbucks)

Today... the little scooter was the perfect tool.  Got my stuff done, stopped for a few pics, picked up a case of beer for the cooler, and generally am happy to be alive.




Fave local view of C.O.P.


I remembered my trip to Spain in 2002.  Lisa met me in T.O.  (center of the known Universe) and off we jetted to Madrid, and then made our way to Valencia via high speed train.  In Valencia I rented two 125cc bikes, one... a little Harley lookalike, the other a scooter.

The lack of velocity turned out to be an advantage.  It slowed us down considerably and took us via routes we would otherwise not have travelled.

Fave home.

So you see, as Charles Swindoll said, "Attitude is everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment