Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 18, 2019

First ride of the season.



The Baja desert SW US, B.C. Rocky Mountains, Atlantic and much more veteran XT 600. 29 y.o and still a handsome dude. 
SPRING is right around the corner as they say...

Much of our snow cover which by the way began 5 months ago, is gone. There is a feeling a buzz in the air.  Our resident fox(s) have been more active in our yard and the Blue Jays are out in droves.

I took a few days last week to sweep much of the accumulated dirt from my garage and even though it wasn't into double digits as it had the day before, I decided to fire up the XT 600, Blue... and go for a neighborhood spin.  The pavement was wet in spots but there were no ice patches and I was extra careful.  It was chilly but this was really just a teaser.

This has been an awesome bike

Blue fired right up, (all my bikes on are chargers over the winter) and that deep bass thumper and it's 595cc piston, was music to my ears!  Each spring I turn into an (active) motorcyclist again and can't wait to begin the riding season, which in Canada and certainly on the east coast, is too short for my liking. 

Snow melt run off headed for the sea.
I'm actually headed to PHX shortly, and by the time I return, it will be full blown riding season.  Can't wait. 


The run off has swollen the little streams around my rural hood, but that should taper off over the next couple of weeks, if... we don't get plastered which often happens in mid March.

Even though our winter was long, it really wasn't hard.  Using the Cub Cadet blower and Big Bear mounted snow blade, there was no reason to call for help at any point.
That first ride is cold, but refreshing.

THE days are getting longer, daylight savings begun (kind of useless that) and although I did not, again, spend any time on the trials bike restorations or maintenance.  One of these days Alice, one of these days.

I'd much rather be biking.

I'll get some riding in while down south but mostly this trip is to kick start my "move" from the USofA.  Yup, you read that right.  I will be giving up my southwestern trips, other priorities are getting sharper, like Holly's family living in Seattle and as a grand dad, I have to make that a priority.

Maybe I'll have a bike on the west coast... ? Never know what the Dr will come up with next.

In any case, I am sooo looking forward to riding more around the Atlantic coast, there will be more blog and photos to see.



No comments:

Post a Comment