Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Christmas evening.

Sorry I didn't get my annual Christmas greeting out, if you'll remember from my last blog, I felt like I was getting that flu/cold swirling around me like Niagara Falls, and I did.  On the 22nd or 23rd... can't remember which, I went down like a stone.  Spent much of the last week trying to recover enough to do the Christmas thing and not let stuff get out of hand here.

On the plus side, I shouldn't do this again for quite some time, I usually have two doozies per year.

Good news... there is no snow on the ground.  Had I had to summon the strength to deal with 10 feet of snow over Christmas I'd likely be in the hospital now!

Umm... that's a joke.

December 26th, 2014


In any case with the lack of snow I've been able to gradually inch my way back to health.

Been thinking of the year passing going over my 2014 goals list, each year for decades I have a "wish" list for the coming year.  Nothing death defying, well... all of my life is death defying, who wants to die early after all?  Mostly stuff like keeping my weight in check, setting some riding goals, for example; I wanted to ride a thousand miles or more while in Phx.  Did that.  I wanted to get the Ascot running on this trip, did that.  Closer to home some of the things in there; set up the tire changer Hance brought me from the US last year or put up a garden/tool shed at the apartment building, keep my den tidy... check, check, check. 

Hmmm, what didn't I do...well I had a camping trip while in Phx planned, and twice I even carried along my tent, but unfortunately on those nights I felt it was either too cold or would be by the time I got up to higher elevations and I was right.  Closer to home, I wanted to add a deck to the front of our yard but finances didn't allow that this year. 


Phoenix, the cat.  Loves being outside.

Overall more checks than "X"s though! Tomorrow I start my new list for 2015 doesn't that sound like science fiction? 



IN THE YEAR 2015...

No comments:

Post a Comment