Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

C'mon, give us a break will ya!



It seems like this lingering winter, will never go away.  I headed into Summerside (a misnomer?) today to get tires put on the PT Cruiser Turbo Touring... the thermometer displayed in the mirror read 34.  That's Fahrenheit not Celsius by the way.  From what little I remember from science class, 32F is the freezing point of water, on this planet anyway.



Last I wrote, I was putting steering head bearings into the VX.  Got that done and managed a short hour on the bike a couple of days ago to check the adjustment.  Apart from nearly losing the feel in my fingers, knees and cheeks... the bike worked fine.  Bike handles much better now and that slight weave at parking lot speeds has vanished.


Its a pleasant enough afternoon today, the sun finally poked itself from the clouds about 2 pm, but its still only 5C right now.  The long range weather report isn't showing double digits for nearly a week, and remembering this is an Island, that's subject to change in a heartbeat.

I've been trying to buy an MP3 scooter from a local shop.  We can't seem to agree on the price but I'll give it the old college try once again.  They are very popular over across the big pond, but virtually unheard of here.

Hopefully I can get out next week and do some real miles real soon.











No comments:

Post a Comment