Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 19, 2014

Hauntingly beautiful?



Or just plain haunted?! 

Couldn't help myself, even though I am feeling under the weather (where does that come from?) I decided to ride out to the nearest beach for a little walk.  County Line rd is open in the summer right to the surf.

Totally devoid of human life.  No cars, no people, no coolers...

Solitude
Not a human or dog in sight


Faint whiffs of some warm air but mostly quite blustery and cool.  I didn't long linger.  On the way home, I made a short loop and came across this old farm house.  It must have been quite the sight in it's heyday, huge and imposing.  Could imagine three generations of family living in the place.  Granny and Grampy rocking on the porch, Dad out on the bay, Mom making dinner.



The grand kiddies playing on the swings or fetch with old Rover, or horseshoe pitching in the back yard. Of course, that's just me, someone else may just call it an old run down shack. I like having an imagination.

I checked out some local trails on the return leg, coming across a real PEI pothole at one point, about 3 feet deep!  Almost Texas sized!

Now that's a pothole!

Lots of trees down from those severe high winds of last winter, makes me shiver thinking about them.  Can't tell you how many times my BBQ got blown over!



So... what do you think of the fixer upper?












No comments:

Post a Comment