Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Rain rain go away...


My neighbor in Summerside (next door to our apartment) tells me, "this is the wettest spring I can remember in my life."  

Considering that the town has an elevation of approximately 33' above sea level at that point, its no wonder that water pumps, wet-vacs and mops are sold out!  I've spent numerous hours especially in the previous two weeks making sure that our lower floor stayed as dry as possible.  The two sump pumps are going steady and still there is some water seepage.

Not as bad as some, we hear people with two feet of water in the basement, even the Kent store in Kensington had water flooding their kitchen and bath display floor.


Friday morning, April 25th 2014

Needless to say, it hasn't been motorcycling weather although I have seen a few people out.  It's wet, cold and windy.  In fact last Thursday I drove Brenda to C'Town in freezing rain that turned into a snowfall on the return leg and by next morning there was 2-3 inches coating everything once again.

I registered several of my bikes last week in anticipation of the eventual arrival of summer like weather, maybe the was a mistake... with daily highs around freezing!

Gotta get better eventually, but makes a typical short Canadian riding season even shorter. 

I have my VX prepped for a little mechanical work.  I'm replacing the steering head bearings.  When I bought the bike locally last year I noticed a tiny little weave at parking lot speeds.  At some point the bike was tipped and no doubt the bearings have a wee flat spot. 

All my batteries are charged, and most of my regular bikes are ready to ride other than the freezing rain and cold temps.  Some of my friends have been out but for moi, living a mile off the main secondary road, and my lane being less than dry, I have yet to get out on the road so to speak.

The little "creek" running through our property which is typically just a valley, is still running although only lightly.

All I can say is "C'Mon summer! Whatcha waitin' fer?"









No comments:

Post a Comment