Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday, Sunday... so good to me.



Home sweet home!


I love waking up to a beautiful Sunday morning.  By 7:30 the sun, which hadn't risen yet, was illuminating the hill just to the west of our yard.  I make the rounds of the house, only three cats for company.  They get fed in turn each eating somewhat differently.  I let Phoenix outside.  For a cat born in Glendale Arizona, he loves getting his fur coat out on winter days.

Phx and our little resident female red fox, playing  "Whose the boss?"


I spent the morning sending out emails to old friends past and present far and wide.  Great thing this internet ain't it...

Just another fine AZ day


Was reading editor Campbell's page in my latest Canadian Biker.  Seeing John sitting on an old AMF Harley (I'd bet most current Harley riders, haven't a clue who/what AMF was) brought back many memories of my mis-spent?! youth riding around on motorbikes.  Sigh... what great company motorcycles have been to me.  Cats, girls and bikes, in that order... still hasn't changed much.

Somewhere in the desert


Nearly fifty years have gone by since my first ride, banging into the garage door during an unintentional wheelie...

Tuscany


All those years in the business, nearly two decades teaching folks to ride... the places I've been and seen on two wheels.  I even carted my kids around in a Velorex (anyone know what that is?) for ten years, long before three wheels were in fashion.



I'm pushing sixty now, nearly time for another epic ride. 

Yup, the deserts, the mountains, the desert mountains.  The coasts of Canada, Baja, Portugal and Italy.  The long boring straightaways of Montana and Saskatchewan... the switchbacks of Wyoming and the French Alps.  Getting stuck in a ravine with one of my trials bikes.  Down to the axles on my XT 600 in desert sands.  A tire going flat south of Wendover with Lisa (then 16) on the rear seat of my Seca II.

Forestry Trunk Rd

Nobody will ever mistake me for that guy sitting on his arse except when on a motorbike.

On the Cabot Trail with Ron and my T Bird and VX 800




Keep smiling :)


Like Clive Cussler always said after an episode of the Sea Hunter's... 


Home on a Baja beach


"get up off that couch... explore the World"


 


No comments:

Post a Comment