Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 21, 2013

Stick to the basics.



Okay... it's early.  Sun hasn't quite got round to rising for the day, the full moon is still bright on the horizon.  Wisps of clouds, our peace of heaven, spring valley is still calm and dark but getting lighter by the minute.  There's a still mist down below me.  The cats have all had a visit, Willy perched on my desk as I write, his tail wagging like a wanton animal slapping me across the cheek, rhythmically.  You see, robins and other feathered morsels pluck away at the delicacies of freshly mowed grass... just beyond his reach.

Yesterday was a home day for the most part.  Brenda was at the apartment finishing up her tiling and painting, not much for me to do again until that's done.  My solo day was before that, when I went nuts painting, building, fitting doors/locks/fridges etc.  It will be very nicely done and will make a swell rental home for someone.  We're putting a lot of effort into the building.

 

Me, I spent the day cutting grass around here that I'd neglected, seems I waited forever for the new stuff to grow and now it's sprouting like weeds.  First the oats and now the grass seed is coming up.  There's a lot of it to cut, maybe 3 acres.  I usually plug into my little I Poddie thingie and with earphones on, do half and half.  Half today, the other half next week, alternate.  Lots going on... the reno of unit 2, friends from Calgary coming on the weekend, then Brenda's birthday next week, start the reno on number 5, and more visitors in a week or so. 

In the meanwhile, I still have the garage to sort out here, bikes (of both varieties) to maintain, and let's not forget the cars and equipment.  Who said retirement was going to be easy!?



Back to the moment... I was reading the last blog and really hit home how easily, things can be lost.  Sure it may not be common to have heart surgery at 50, but with all the potential harmful things that can happen to us, its a wonder we live till old age. 

The next twat that tells me how I should be living my life (while they while away their time in front of the TV set)... is gonna get a swat upside the head.  

"Hey buddy... its MY life, and I will live it as I want!"

One last comment, I love looking at old motorcycles.  An air cooled engine,  painted frame, tying wheels with wire spokes together.  Rudimentary suspension, a seat designed to be sat on, and a riding position that was compatible with the human body. 



No comments:

Post a Comment