Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Electronic Mail

I don't get it?

I've been using computers since the mid eighties.  Sure, they were pretty basic (get it) then, but we've evolved somewhat since.

After a long stint in Calgary AB... I am back on the Island where my motorcycle business led me.  Actually that's not quite true, in fact.  Since first visiting here in 1975, I was somehow drawn to the place and decided to set up my first MC shop as a result.  Could have just as easily relocated to my other home, the Okanagan.

Of course, with the  plethora of information and the nature of my last career, the computer sits in my office.  Gone are the days of "snail mail" where (for those of you too young to remember) pen in hand, we'd sit at our desks and write a long letter to Mom/girlfriend/best friend/the relatives overseas. 

Everybody pretty much, uses electronic mail.

Sometime during the late fall, shortly after our arrival, we noticed there were issues with the mail delivery.   

Fir example... I'd write an email to Mike, who by the way lives 7km from us in Kensington (unless you're a bill collector and he owes you money, then his name is Stanley, and he actually lives somewhere in N.Z. address unknown) and he wouldn't receive my message.  He would write me and I would reply, and still the message would not arrive...

Over the last few months, I have heard this same story from other sources.  I send three messages to Rusty, and he tells me finally that "I'm a fine friend, he hasn't heard from me in ages!"  Likewise, someone sends me/us messages and they just disappear into the void.  We've contacted Bell, our supplier, and of course their service sucks, they can't even be bothered to return our phone calls.  I've had TG look into this and his answer; "You shouldn't be having this problem..."  Lord, if Tom doesn't know, then it's all lost!

I'm letting you guys know out there, that we may have to resort to the (are you ready for this?) telephone once in awhile, or maybe (heaven forbid) snail mail to actually keep in touch!

Skype doesn't seem to be affected in fact all systems are normal, except that once in awhile an email goes astray, and there doesn't seem to be any answer as to where.

Anyway, our reno work on apartment #2 is proceeding and hopefully we'll be able to advertise her within days... 

Last thought... keep in touch:)

No comments:

Post a Comment