Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 29, 2012

For Real.


 


Okay, this time for real... I'm back!

After struggles befitting the Quakers... we have internet!      

Early Saturday morning, Spring Valley, PEI.  About 10C, no wind, no mist today.  Coffee cup in one hand, Canon in ta other, I snap a few pics from my balcony.  Nothing spectacular mind you, just the grass track laid out before me.  Still have hundreds if not thousands of things to do and deal with including a return trip to Wawa, Ontario, pretty much half way back to Calgary, to load up the remaining things from the move, that were stranded there with my trailer troubles.

Like what; well tools.  A man needs his tools right.  Air compressor, a man needs his air compressor right.  Snow blower, a man needs his snow blower, right!

Clothing, well a man, woman and child need their clothing right.  Mementos, we all need our memento's that we've lugged around for what seems an eternity, right!  




By the end of next week, it will all have made this journey.  I hope the stuff doesn't sit in boxes for the next three years...







Later today we are headed to a wedding, yup... here two weeks and already we're invited to weddings!  I may even get a chance to fire up a TTR and go for a little exploratory spin around the grass track.  Hope so, after all... it's the dream I've been carrying for decades.  

Several years ago I bought two Dirt Bugs.  10kph or so, tiny motor with a pull start, about the power of a gnat.  Our first and only ride in Alberta, at MacLean Creek OHV sanctuary, after unloading the minibikes, we are accosted by a forest service ranger.  Of course we are "illegal" even though we are well off the road, in a cow pasture the size of a basketball court, nary a vehicle, building, or even cow in sight, puttering around in a circle at walking pace, but still illegal!  No lights (he suggested I rubber band a flashlight to the handlebar, no insurance, as if we were actually going to damage a Cadillac or something in our little piece of turf, and no registration.  Illegal like I said.  After politley reading me the riot act and suggesting we pack up and don't come back, well Mr.  it was like the straw that broke the camel's back. 

Fast forward to today.  I am overlooking 15 acres.  Raw hayfield with a short grass, natural terrain, 10' wide track.  Here Anna can ride her bike, toboggan, putter on a dirt bike and me... I can go nuts!  No lights, no insurance, no plate, no hassles!


Can't wait... 

Course that's not true exactly.  I have waited, a hell of a long time for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment