Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Nothing like the Banshee scream of a stroker!




THE DT 50 will spin right on up to and past 10,000 Revolutions Per Minute!  If sound and revs were everything in this life... the little un would seem like Tyra Banks, ex con Martha Stewart and rebellious Jane Fonda all rolled into a neat package.






 
I snapped a few pics while a stiff breeze rolled in from Quebec across the Gulf of St Lawrence.

German U-Boats once sank merchant shipping out there not all that far away.

Much earlier than those times, whalers, cargo ships and wooden vessels under sail came to grief on these here shores.





Many of the current Islanders have roots planted out here from across the Atlantic.  Irish, Scots and even Acadian's are laid to rest in droves in various cemeteries pretty much in every community.








AS I stood watching the surf break endlessly across the red sand beach, I could not feel but awe at those that set sail from their family homes thousands of miles distant, and in ships that were sometimes (most times) barely seaworthy, they came. Compared to that, riding a Gold Wing cross country seems pretty tame.







PEI has a long history as far as Canada goes.

Maritimers have always been a hardy bunch, whether Newfoundlanders, Cape Bretoners or Islanders.  They persevere through horrid winters, flock to the beaches and their cottages in the brief heat of summer, pull lobster traps to feed hungry tourists, and sometimes even welcome strangers from away.




I continued my ride, cool as it was, the breeze pushing my little Japanese motorcycle across the lane.

Traffic was very light, a few pick-up trucks and some local farmers heading out into the fields to begin plowing.






I sat in the warmth of the sun for a bit, watching a muskrat doing his/her thing.  It would paddle it's way across a little pond before diving and re-appearing somewhere else.

These little creatures work hard building their own homes, something I could relate to in a sense.

The house was progressing, it won't be long before we can call it... home.




When I returned via the Irishtown road to our little valley, Diesel the dog from next door came down to greet me.  Shy a few days ago,  he would not hesitate to bound over for a pet behind the ears.

After a little while my neighbor, Ted came by for a smoke and a chat.






He filled me in on the local "goings on" or as some would call it... gossip.

Ted rode over on his Polaris ATV, and when it was time to depart, dog on lap... they headed off into the west.

My DT 50 day had been brief and somewhat chilly riding.  The following days the temperature climbed into the low 20's but for me... I was far too busy dealing with the dozen's of items that come with housebuilding.

As I write this, problems have cropped up with the roof rafters and after two tries... Stephen tells me they still are not the right dimensions.

Guess  I will be on the phone tonight trying to sort that out...



No comments:

Post a Comment