Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm Loaded...



Well even I deserve a Holiday...




Aha... I can hear the snickers now. But it's true. I travel around, ride my bike, see exotic locations, visit historical sites.
That's not what I'm talking about here. What I AM talking about is being a 50 something typical tourist. Packing the RV and joining the throngs on the road. Slugging it out uphill in 2nd gear, backing into little camping spots, turning the steering wheel this way and that...

After weeks (well days) of preparation, we are off headed West into the Great beyond. At least the Okanagan Valley.
Since my early childhood days, the South Okanagan has been like a second home to me. In fact, my Mum and Dad moved there in 71 and lived the rest of their lives operating first a small motel (the Peach Bowl) and then later a small house on Phoenix Avenue. Dad fished the lakes and streams for years, passing away in '89.
Mom, after decades in that little home, passed away in '08.
So really, it was my second home and once again, I was heading back...

No comments:

Post a Comment