Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Spring... she's a comin'.





Early this morning...
Yup, above ZERO and the fly's are venturing out

The thermometer is showing 4 degrees "above" zero.  Rivers are running off the high hills above us, down our pretty little valley, feeding into our little year round springs (could be why the community is named "Spring Valley") downhill to the pond, where the trout are growing up before they hit the fish ladder taking them down to Long River and the sea.

Our little all season springs

One way I can tell spring is springing... I start to drool at night, and my wrist is sore from the throttle twisting live action dreams that are beginning to kick start my year.


The little pond beginning to form before running to the sea.
Another way I can tell spring is near are the three cats.  During winter,"hibernation" is 23 hours a day!  As spring approaches they only sleep 22 or it feels like such.  They wake to demand food  at 6 am, 9 am, 3 pm, 6 pm, 9 pm and again at 3 am! By mid summer they will only be sleeping 20 hours a day.


Starting on the bottom of the driveway just 2 days ago
Looking down from the CL rd.









I took the Polaris for a ride around the yard, pretty mushy but compared to dry grass only days ago with a foot of snow the warmer weather and lots of rain, have conspired to make the valleys a trap in case I get stuck, which can easily happen. haven't used it much, like motorcycling it requires appropriate clothing and even though I only use her around my hood on the fields and trails I'm familiar with and have permission to ride on.

Keeping the second driveway clear 2 days ago

Once again my winter project Trials bikes has gotten little more than a furtive glance but no work.  How in the heck would I managed to restore the 24 or so, vintage bikes I'd collected up in Calgary?


 Besides...

The Big Bear doing it's job, and well too!

 I am happy to look forward to doing what I didn't have time for 25 years ago,  exploring the locale on two wheels.  Of course once spring hits.

For now I will continue dreaming of throttle twisting adventures...




2 days ago snow, yesterday, rain... tomorrow ??

Don't use her much, maybe next year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment