Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 8, 2017

MisAdventure times 10


OKAY... perhaps not since Ciudad Constitucion,

Baja Sur and waking up unknown to us, at what amounted to a Motel of Sin, have I had such a misadventure as I am having right now.

Down to the bones!


This is the first spring visit I have had to Phx and so far it hasn't gone well.  Let me explain, the weather is most exellent, my XT is running well and I feel pretty good physically.  I decided that I would get a jump on the summer riding season by coming south and doing some riding.

home... for this trip.

That was a very good idea until 36 hours prior to leaving home, when I found that my place flooded and as a result I'm technically homeless.  Sure Coco and I have a nice hotel room, the weather is fine but my stuff, my life down here is packed in boxes and locked in a storage container!  I was able to grab a couple of pairs of pants, shorts and T shirts, but my helmet, Baja MUV, and ICON boots are MIA for the most part.  I mean I do have a helmet and I do have my scooter but until I can have a home with the shelves and drawers stocked and access to my life... I have to be patient as the rebuilding process takes it's course. 

Once I found out that I'd been inundated and everything was pretty much soaked and water logged, I've had to trust other people to help me out of this jam.

Normally I am a patient man and for the most part the company I'd hired prior to leaving, have been exemplary in their efforts to get me back on track. 

On the other hand, as instructed I'd begun a claim with Allstate my insurer.  You know, the Good Hands People.  Well in my only experience with actually needing homeowners insurance I have been ahem... less than impressed.  Lots of apologies for my predicament, I have had less luck with communication and action.  It's like pulling teeth!  Once again I see an insurance company dragging their feet and leaving the insured (that would me myself) in the dark, while maneuvering to mitigating their exposure and as I have heard many times in my life, they don't seem to appreciate that this is my 'holiday' and I am on a limited time frame.  Trying to get them to understand my dilemma, seems like making a jump to the planet Jupiter... with a rowboat!

Three weeks have gone by and for the last third of that time, NOTHING has been done to my southern home.  Both I and the construction company are sitting twiddling thumbs while the powers that be, this gargantuan company, effectively leaves me out in the cold.

Much of my stuff is heading to the dumpster!


It seems there is nothing I can do to have them understand I am leaving shortly, a fact known to them from the beginning of these proceedings... so I sit in my room while my vacation runs down.

Like many things in life, this is one of those that leave me with a sour taste and feelings of being unable to effect the outcome in a positive manner.

Coco and I wait...



No comments:

Post a Comment