Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 24, 2014

"You're so pretty, so so pretty...


Snoopy in her last days...
WHAT
a pretty, little kitty you arrrrreee.."  

I am a cat guy, plain and simple.

In fact I stated that flatly during my years of internet dating.  If you couldn't dig it, I wasn't interested.

I love animals in general sometimes even more than humans, but cats and I have a very special relationship since the days of Smokey.

Spirit

Smokey was a cat that befriended me when I was pre-school.  He was a sweetie staying with me till I turned 18 in far away Fort McMurray.  He basically was my very best friend growing up.  The absolute most surprising thing I remember of him and there are tons of memories, was his turning up at our new home in Wellington (NW Edmonton) out of the blue one day.  You see, we found each other in Kensington which admittedly was only the next community over, but once we'd relocated he, beyond belief turned up at our new home.  He somehow covered several miles of a busy urban city with out any aids, no smells, no transportation and found me in my new digs.

Phx


There's been a treasure trove of kitties since.  Too many to name but I can tell you, when I die and turn up at Rainbow Bridge, there will be a re-union of epic proportions!  I will be surrounded by dozens of felines that had all contributed to my life in a positive way.  I have always believed that animals enhance our existence on this planet and if you treat them with heart and kindness, the rewards you receive will far out perform the stock market!



Several years ago, at the end of March, my best pal ever, Einstein died at home after spending nearly 20 years living with me.  I have always been heartbroken when a cat died or didn't return home one day but his passing really shook my soul, in fact we were probably soul mates more so than people can ever be.

Abby

That winter, while in Phoenix, Anna and Brenda came for a visit.  They procured a little community kitten that ultimately rode on my lap the 2500km to then home, Calgary.  Little Phoenix has turned into a big strong long hair, that I'm told by two vets, has some wild cat in his blood.

He rode shot gun in the Ford, as we slowly crossed the country in 2012 and has been joined by first Abby, a mature female that needed a new home, and Willy... a wiry little spark plug we found at the Humane Society in C'Town.  That's our little brood on the Island.

Little boy in the bubble, Willy

Last fall on my very first night in Glendale after a two year absence, I am airing the place out, the patio doors are open.  Next thing I know a little kitten is up at my ear on the back of my couch!  Turns out Boo is from next door and she became my constant companion for the two months of my stay.

In recent weeks prior to my latest arrival, neighbor Judy, has been writing me that Boo has been sitting on my mat in front of the door, seemingly sensing my imminent return, and sure enough, within hours, Boo Boo had made herself comfortable and is truly at home.

Boo helping herself to the water fountain.


She has not left my side for the week I have been here, and she is most welcome.  I know I am but a temporary stop for her but I appreciate the feline company a great deal.

In recent days, a blonde colored male has been hanging about as I work on my bikes out on the fenced in patio.  He too is a local community pussycat that Judy tells me is named, Mr. Tickles. Mr. T as I call him, hangs out mostly across the street from me with Jude's brothers family, but seems to be spending lots of time meowing at my feet as I sit on the ground installing brakes or a new drive chain on the old Honda.

Mr. T.


Last night he slept in the yard (it's very pleasant out) and was howling at the patio door as soon as he heard me up and about, around 5 30 am. 
I have also noticed a little black and white kitty munching on Boo's kibbles the other day, so I am truly on the feline jungle telegraph so to speak.

Einstein.


Longtime friend Tommy G. who I've know since my Bow Cycle days, says I attract... ahem pussy-cats like no one he's ever seen!  He should know if anyone does. 

So,as the story goes... "they're so pretty, oh so pretty, so pretty a kitty they arrrre."

No comments:

Post a Comment