Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Remember,




Retro Velo, Modern girl.


when we were kids?



French River photo op.
I know that's a stretch for some of you :)  

We couldn't wait to be older, more grown up, mature.  I wore my Dad's shoes sometimes, pretended to smoke, drank ginger ale for beer.

Time sure flies these days doesn't it.  No more wishing we were older, hoping for next year, nope... these days, when I look back I think of how fast it has gone by.

Today is August 6th.


Stanley River as backdrop.
For most people interested in history, it's the anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.  This date in 1945, Colonel Paul Tibbet's and his crew aboard the B 29 'Enola Gay' Superfortress that was named for his mother, dropped the weapon dubbed "Little Boy" on an unsuspecting Japanese city.








"She did!"



For our household, August 6th represents a different anniversary.  Yup... it's one year ago today, that Brenda and I were married here in our house on this little Island.  Under warm and humid temperatures but cloudy skies, we took a little scoot up the north shore to Carr's Oyster bar for a nice afternoon lunch.

"I did too."


I feel like a Mod on Brighton pier!  Well, maybe not.  Some days a Mod, others a Rocker.


 Hard to believe a year has passed by so quickly.



A trip down Memory Lane




Make the most of it gang,

 Although some women defy aging, "time waits for no man..."

No comments:

Post a Comment