Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 20, 2014

No particular place to go...



WELL, I finally got to do this weekend what a retired guy is supposed to do.  Yesterday I rode/drove down to C'Town with Mitch the sales manager, and picked up the DL 650.  In the afternoon I worked on Chris' funky Virago 535 to get a handle on the jetting.

In the evening I watched the first of a double header CFL football, getting to bed after 2 am this morning.

French River

After waking up around 6, I got some gear on and took the new Suzuki for it's obligatory photo op at French River before having a visit with Mike and Isabelle at their very cute little cottage at Cousin's Shore.  This afternoon, Aaron, Trevor and Mike and myself went on a nice little Sunday afternoon summer jaunt with no particular place to go and no particular time to be there.


French River 2

Trevor is Mike's son in law and was riding his fathers C50T.  Aaron bought Mike's V Star and Mike rode his recently acquired Sherpa.  At Cavendish, we broke away from the North coast and headed cross Island for a stop over at my fave little bakery in Hunter River and from there on to the South shore and Victoria by the sea, a "cute as a button" little tourist village.

A brief stop at the Cavendish Boardwalk


Coffee and sweets gobbled up, we parted company with Aaron, who lives in Summerside and dropped Trev at his home in Kinkora, while Mike and I made a bee line to County Line road where I peeled off and he continued to the cottage.  Not a big mileage day, 130 Mike tells me, but several hours of good roads, warm sunny weather and company equal to the day.

Trevor (or) Stretch as I like to call him.  6' 13"


Mikey

Aaron

This is what riding is about... it don't have to be fancy... it don't have to be long, and it don't have to be a destination.  It just has to be good and if you have a smile on your face, even better. 


Love my T Bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment