Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Frigid... air!

WHAT a fabulous day it was today... except it was cold enough to freeze my nipples!

Calgary foothills.
After a very busy day, I rode my remaining* XT 225 Serow into Kensington to visit Mike for a late evening coffee.  Sun was still shining on the way in, but dark on the return leg.  And cold... in fact the temperature right now is a paltry 3 degrees.  Let me spell that out for you... 
t h r e e  degrees C!  That's barely above freezing.  What up with that?  Last year at this time, it was in the 30's and stayed there pretty much all summer. 

Getting back to my opening line, any of you riders that have ridden any distance in cold and or windy temperatures, know what I am talking about.


Said niece.
This is such a great little bike.  Mine is a '92 model and in it's long production run, they changed little.  Fuel mileage nearing 90 mpg, six speed tranny that can plonk down to near trials speeds yet afford a 100kph cruising, and a light nimble chassis with a Mono X suspension system.  Sure sure... it ain't no MX racer, but I don't care.

The Tibetan mountain goat, has carried me through some gnarly terrain in Baja, twice... on the KVR railway in the Okanagan, and countless trail rides locally, as well as commuting in Calgary.  The only problem I've had with the bike was a broken choke mechanism (my fault) and a leaky fuel valve.

I sold the mate* of this one to niece Cindy, and I certainly hope she is using it out there in British Columbia (you go girl)  

In Baja
As for the remaining Serow... I don't think I will ever part with her.  Like girlfriends, she may not be the newest, spiffyest model on the block... but you can take her home to Mama and not be ashamed at all.








I look forward to riding the Island back roads yet again, just like them old days...


The "road" to La Purisima 2004



No comments:

Post a Comment