Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 18, 2013

Cabin fever... or worse?!


On the road to Crown King AZ
OKAY...

I admit, I'm getting antsy in the pantsy (whatever that means)  This has been a crap weekend.  Began with Sunshine, then snow, then rain melted the new snow, then snow again, then freezing rain, followed by snow.  Not much mind you, but enough to give me the above. All gloriously mixed together by howling winds.

Nakusp Hot Springs BC


2012 was a year of massive change.  Sure, another dream was being fulfilled, but in the meanwhile, back at the ranch so to speak, I hadn't ridden much.  In fact the only real rides I took last year was a loop in Phoenix and one out to Kananaski's, in the Rockies.

Doin' the Jack.

Too busy, too tired, too stressed, too too too!

IN truth, the winter hasn't been bad here on the Island, I've been out on the Polaris a handful of times, the quad has been fun pushing snow, but I miss riding my bike.

Brandenburg Gate Berlin

A couple of weeks ago, I pulled the Trumpet out from under its cover and after the once over twice, began the task of prepping it after several years of little use.  I love that bike.  It took me two years to find one.  She came from Victoria B.C. and when I talked to the previous original owner, he told me two buyers were coming that weekend from the mainland.


Back Roads AB


I begged Jon to hold it for me, even had him place a call to John Campbell at Canadian Biker to confirm I wasn't a tire kicker.  This I don't know if he did, but when I met him at the airport, he was sporting a new CB ballcap!

The Forestry Trunk Rd.


ANYWAY... I've had just about enough of this winter, enough of fixing things that contractors should have done correctly or just done, and I'm tired of sitting on my butt reading old motorcycle magazines and looking at my old photos.

Tatra mountains Slovakia


Passport to Mulege, Baja Sur
AS I was preparing my supper, I pulled out the pickle jar, nothing like a good dill pickle at times... then it hit me like a ton of potato chips...

I didn't want a pickle...

I just wanna ride ma Moto-sicle!

Riding the KVR

No comments:

Post a Comment