Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Babaloo

Thirty.  What does that sound like to you?

Today is my younger daughter's birthday.  She has reached this exciting pinnacle.  I remember well what it was like for moi as I turned the three O.  It was 1985, I had recently bought out my business partner and opened a new store in Charlottetown.  Planning stages had begun for purchasing property and building the most modern motorcycle shop on the Island.  Heady stuff!

Thirty is a real coming of age decade.  In my twenties, I was solidifying my beliefs and passions, increasing my earning potential, setting and reaching goals.  I had a family, a motorcycle business, a new home and a highly regarded National Motorcycle program here in Summerside PEI.  My thirties began well and ended well.  In between... not so good, but that's another story.

In the conversations I've had over the years with my grown daughters, we've talked about possibilities, ideas, action.  We've learned lots, traveled, gained experience on many levels.  For Lisa, this decade beginning will be exciting for her.  I suspect there will be changes galore and probably for her as well, a strengthening of her basic values and goals.

Happy Birthday Lisa... may this decade truly be good for and to you!

Dad with Holly and Lisa at the Budapest airport in 2008.
Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment