Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 12, 2012

Shit Happens, and Angels arrive in the nick of time!




Here I sit, at the Old saw Mill Motel in Blind River ON, sipping on a too hot coffee made in my little room decanter, and munching on cold pizza.  I pulled off the road around 9 last night after another in a series of lonnnnng and frustrating days.


You see, I was back to Wawa.

 

A month ago, given all the troubles with our brand new CargoMate trailer, I had to stop for repairs and in the process, left behind some of our belongings.  Around our new as yet "unfinished/finished" home, more on that later, the saying "that must be in Wawa" has become all to commonplace.  On this trip with the Blazer and my recently bought 5X8 utility trailer... I was still not able to pack it all in.  Honestly... I was on the verge of tears standing in the door of the warehouse where the stuff was stored, big flakes of wet heavy snow coming down around my head, hair dripping wet, I felt like a defeated lost old dog.




What to do next...

Long story shortened somewhat, I was introduced to Magan Gagnon, a young, vivacious beautiful woman, working the reception desk at Mission Motors GMC.  Once this young woman heard my plight, and believe me when I say, plight... she took the situation in hand and in a few short hours, was able to do what I and several others has not been in a month of trying.  She used her contacts and found me a shipper that would come pick the stuff up this morning and finally get it to the Island. 

Like an angel sent from heaven, she not only solved this ongoing and at times crushing dilemma, but more importantly, renewed my flagging faith in mankind!

In the "SH" department, I have had my proverbial septic tank, overflowing for so long now, I've resorted to wearing scuba gear.




Old time friend RM, emails me that yet another of his friends has died.  Early 50's, out on a trip and bango, dead.

So, my friends, we've all had car troubles late at night, or maybe something we ordered online didn't arrive, or perhaps our beloved cat/dog died, maybe you found out your wife was cheating, maybe you even had medical problems. 

Life has no guarantee's other than the death and taxes, written in stone one, best to get on up outa bed, don't let the SH defeat you and do something.  Even it's it's something as seemingly simple as helping a stranger out of a jam. 



Young Magan Gagnon probably has no idea how great it was to have fate cross our paths yesterday, even after my profuse offerings of gratitude, she seemed unfazed, "just made a couple of phone calls..."

If you are ever passing through Wawa ON, population 3700, please stop in and treat Magan to something, anything.  Let her know that her simple act of kindness and good deed for the day, has pulled this writer from the near depths of despair at a time when he needed it alot!

My helmet is off to you Magan, may your life be blessed in abundance...

1 comment:

  1. What?? That little pile of stuff wouldn't fit in the trailer and SUV?
    Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete